At the beginning of every year I think about setting “New Year Resolutions.” Sometimes I write them down. More often than not, while the New Year and new beginnings do always inspire me to think about setting lofty goals; the realities and pressures of day to day life set in immediately, and then my resolutions often quickly become “out of sight, out of mind” the rest of the year.
At the beginning of week two of 2019, I already feel the “pressures of the day” pulling at me. What about you?
So, before things get too far out of control, I want to share my “top 5” thoughts and plans, hopes and resolutions for 2019. I will check back in with you later this year and see what has stuck. Hold me too it! I do think that all are things I can work to make happen.
My 2019 resolutions are:
- Keep my passions alive, stay focused on these and forge ahead.
- Pick something hard to do, and make it happen. This past year I have been working on a book project, “Advice from Your Climate Mama.” This year, I want to see it published.
- Continue to promote transparency, facts and the reality of our climate crisis, countering the current politics in Washington that are trying to get in the way of science and truth.
- Introduce and work to create two new community-wide initiatives that promote environmental sustainability, in my own community.
- Hold family and friends close, make time for those who are important, stay in the moment, and treasure this time together.
At the beginning of 2018, we shared 3 goals from one of our favorite Climate Mamas, Climate Scientist Katharine Hayhoe.
Her suggestions remain wonderful and relevant. We are happy to share them again:
- Talk about Climate Change – hardly anyone does!
- Step on the carbon scales and reduce all you can. I like: Cool Climate
- After reducing, offset what’s left. I like @climatestewards
Happy New Year to all our Climate Mamas and Papas!
Thank you for what you do everyday to give us hope that we will solve the climate crisis and create a livable future for our children.
Have you set any resolutions you want to share? Please let us know!